The following awards are typically recognized during Campbell Law School’s annual Family Day Banquet. But as you are well aware, the spring semester of 2020 has been anything but normal. Since Family Day was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the award winners are being honored online at this time.
“Thank you to everyone who participated in the voting for the Family Day Awards,” said Evin Grant, director of Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities at the law school. “We are still working on a creative way to recognize our winners, but in the meantime please join me in congratulating the following recipients.”
- David Teddy Innovative Leadership Award: Kevin Latshaw
- Student Organization of the Year: Black Law Student Association – Brandon Irabor
- Professor of the Year: Professor Tony Ghiotto
- Administrator of the Year: Sha Hinds-Glick and James Yacovelli
- Adjunct Professor of the Year: Professor Noel Harlow
- 1L Professor of the Year: Professor Marcus Gadson
- Legal Research and Writing Professor of the Year: Professor Michael Tripp
The following awards were voted on by the Pro Bono Council:
- Pro Bono Student of the Year: Kasey Mochel
- Pro Bono Professor of the Year: Professor Lisa Lukasik
- Pro Bono Student Organization of the Year: Hispanic Law Student Association – Alondra Bribiesca
- Pro Bono Project of the Year: Teen Court Pro Bono Project – Morgan Swink and Kayla McDaniel
“We appreciate the enthusiastic showing of students participating in the SBA Award,” Grant added. “We appreciate the diligent work of SBA in rejuvenating the voting process to ensure the breadth of our student body had an opportunity to express their gratitude for the individuals and organization listed above. Thank you, to each of you who saw the importance of honoring those who work tirelessly to provide you with a fulfilling and robust law school experience!”
Additionally, you can find the list of Book Award recipients for Spring 2019, Summer School 2019 and Fall of 2020 at this clickable link. The names of the recipients are in alphabetical order, and if a recipient is to receive more than one award, the course names are in alphabetical order for that recipient. Book Awards will also be distributed at a later date.