The United Philanthropy Forum has highlighted several blog posts in its newsletter within a feature called “Spotlight on Rural Philanthropy”. We at the Office of Rural Philanthropic Analysis have previously featured several of these blogs, the majority of which were written by our very own Allen Smart and Betsey Russell. The feature praised the different perspectives on rural philanthropy offered by the blogs, as well as several characteristics that differentiate rural philanthropy from others. The included blogs were as follows:
- Thoughts on ‘As the South Grows’– Allen Smart’s experiences with Southern philanthropy.
- Conversion Foundations Can Do More to Advance Advocacy and Structural Change– Allen Smart writes on health conversion foundations in the South
- Rural Funders Urge Philanthropies to Let Communities Lead the Way– Betsey Russell writes on rural-centric philanthropies.
- Opinion: Philanthropic Funding for Equity Can’t Exclude Rural– Allen Smart’s thoughts on the importance of rural community inclusion for philanthropic equity.
- Myths and Opportunities: What’s Happening in Rural Philanthropy– Caitlin Reilly blogs about issues and opportunities within rural philanthropy.
- As the South Grows – Blog series from Grantmakers for Southern Progress and the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP)